[ltp] broken lcd panel ?

Xavier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Nov 2009 20:46:33 +0100

Hello,

I have a r50e, the screen started screwing up a while ago and getting
worse and worse.
The symptom is a huge vertical transparent gray bar , sometimes there
are several of them.
It seems over the time, the bar went brighter and brighter and is
quite scary now.

grub : http://omploader.org/vMnY1Nw
booting : http://omploader.org/vMnYzcg
gnome : http://omploader.org/vMnYzdQ

What should I do now ?
1) check whether the lcd cable is not well put : how do I do that ?
2) check whether the cable is broken : where should I buy one and at
what price ?
3) if the lcd panel is broken for sure, where can I buy a new one and
at what price ?
4) should I just put the laptop to the trash or give it to someone who
could get something useful out of it ? but who ?

I have many questions and no answer , I hope someone can help me :)

cheers,
Xavier