[ltp] Wlan led with 2.6.31

Frédéric Boiteux linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 27 Nov 2009 12:21:58 +0100

Le Fri, 27 Nov 2009 11:16:44 +0000,
Pedro Ribeiro <pedrib@gmail.com> a écrit :

> RFKill and the WLAN button work here (T400), but a bit strange. When I
> turn the off, its OK.
>
> When I turn them on, the light doesn't come up but that is because the
> firmware isn't loaded automatically. But if I go to wicd (similar to
> network manager) and order it to scan for wireless networks, it gets
> loaded automatically.

  Thanks for your report. Is the wlan led relying on wifi card's
driver ? mine is an Atheros card (not the original X31 card), so I
should look at ath5k's driver… I remember now that with madwifi's
driver, we could specify some gpio where led can be drived, I've to
look for similar stuff in ath5k !

  with regards,
	Fred.