[ltp] Screen problems with my A21P

Constant Brouerius van Nidek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 28 Nov 2009 12:02:14 +0700

Trying to find out why my screen turns blank after one to two minutes
after booting.
At first I thought it was something caused by my Linux (Opensuse 11.1)
but the same happens by the reserve Windows XP which is installed but
which I seldom use.
By blank I mean the screen turns black. Tried to work with an extra
monitor but the Fn F7 does not seem to function.
When I leave my Linux with Ctrl Alt Backspace I enter the init 3 phase
which is visible for one to two minutes.
At boot time I can see everything but even if I let the grub menu stay
on, it turns black also. Console does not solve the problem.

Now looking for a program or a clever step by step manual with which I
can start trying to find out what is bothering my workhorse A21P. Hve no
real problem to open up the case but would like to know where to look.
By the way, is it perhaps the cmos battery?Should a low battery not give
a warning at boot time?
Need all the help that the list members can give me ;).