[ltp] Screen problems with my A21P

Sat, 28 Nov 2009 09:55:45 -0200

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009, Ted Frater wrote:
> Theres a known fault on some that develops over time. its the memory
> connectors that need reflowing.

You can usually get a couple extra years out of any electronics made on the
early 2000's by resoldering (sometimes just reflowing is enough) and
exchanging the electrolitic capacitors (*especially if they are chinese
crap*) for new ones.

This is valid for pretty much any non-critical electronics made by anyone,
wolrdwide, so I am not blaming IBM.

I don't know if the new lead-less solder processes are better or worse, time
will tell.  But I'd bet on "much worse".

  Henrique Holschuh