[ltp] How bad is this (on a scale)?

Micael linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 28 Nov 2009 13:51:16 +0100

On Saturday 28 November 2009 13.33.48 Robert Tomsick wrote:

> That can't be right.  Your laptop is _not_ draining 126.9W in use, even
> at max draw.
>
> Are you sure that's what powertop reported?
>
> As a point of reference, I have the same laptop (except with an SU9300
> ULV CPU), and I can get it down to under 6W when idle.
>
> Best,
> Rob

Well, I did not really know how to interpret the numbers, but yes, this is
what powertop reports. These 126W can go down to about 112W when I leave the
computer untouched. The 126 was while I pasted the output, with the
trackpoint (wich is what can be seen at the top of the list).

But I see your point; 126W would mean that the computer would be burning
hot...

Maybe the battery lasts about 5 hours or so (I have never run it to the point
where the computer stopped working, but down to about 5% or so).

Could there be any kernel settings that are bad perhaps?

Cheers,
 Micael