[ltp] T61 Kernel .config

Tim Tebbit linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 05 Oct 2009 19:04:34 -0400

Curious if anyone has a fairly basic .config file for me to look at or
possibly use as a starting point. I normally use packaged Debian kernels
which work fine. However, I'd like to compile a kernel more because I
can than out of necessity. I've been able to compile a hand full of
kernels without changing much if anything at all using Debian's
make-kpkg, which I believe includes everything but the moon to work on
anything it may encounter. However, I know a ton of it can be removed as
it is unnecessary. A lot of it is very obvious to me; network devices,
wireless, fs support, AMD anything etc. But a few things I have no clue
about. My last attempt at sanitizing one led to kernel panic. I guess I
missed the fan.

Thanks in advance.

T61-7658-18U