[ltp] Crashes on boot with new HD

Harold Pimentel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 8 Oct 2009 22:32:54 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 10/7/09, Daniel Castro <castromd@tcd.ie> wrote:

> From: Daniel Castro <castromd@tcd.ie>
> Subject: Re: [ltp] Crashes on boot with new HD
> To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
> Date: Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 1:25 AM
> Is it really crashing or just hanging there
> for a long time?
> Does it continue loading after a while (~3 mins)?

Here is an update:

It really does crash. The longest I've waited is about 7 or 8 minutes.

I was convinced there was something wrong with the drive after installing different distros with no success. I got a Western Digial 320GB, 7200rpm and SAME PROBLEM! So I'm sure it's something with the laptop... I don't think hardware because my old drive works perfectly fine!

I updated the BIOS, nothing. I tried the hard drive fireware update, nothing.

Am I missing something? Is there something I'm supposed to do other than install the drive?

I need a bigger hard drive! I though about the heat thing... but then I remember there being a 7200rpm option on mine... so that *shouldn't* be an issue right?

Thanks,

Harold