[ltp] Keyboard settings for Suspend and resume disappeared

Frédéric Boiteux linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:14:18 +0200

Le Sat, 10 Oct 2009 20:22:30 +0200,
Axel Braun <axel.braun@gmx.de> a écrit :

> Hi ,
>
> I recently switched to KDE 4.3.1 (from 3.5.10) and noticed that the
> hotkeys for suspend to RAM/Disk are not working any more. xev gives:
>
> S2Disk:
> KeyRelease event, serial 34, synthetic NO, window 0x5200001,
>     root 0x6d, subw 0x0, time 678796, (854,917), root:(858,942),
>     state 0x0, keycode 165 (keysym 0x0, NoSymbol), same_screen YES,
>     XLookupString gives 0 bytes:
>     XFilterEvent returns: False
>
> S2Ram:
> KeyPress event, serial 34, synthetic NO, window 0x5200001,
>     root 0x6d, subw 0x0, time 682263, (854,917), root:(858,942),
>     state 0x0, keycode 223 (keysym 0x0, NoSymbol), same_screen YES,
>     XLookupString gives 0 bytes:
>     XmbLookupString gives 0 bytes:
>     XFilterEvent returns: False
>
> I assume that KDE4 is blocking the keys. Any idea how to restore the
> settings?

	Hello,

  Usually, these keys are not handled through X input events, but
directly by acpid or hal. try 'lshal -m' to see if there are correctly
detected. I don't know KDE, but it should have a daemon managing power
which should react to these HAL events…

   Hope it helps,
	Fred.