[ltp] hdapsd during Intercity Express ride

Martin Steigerwald linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 Oct 2009 20:48:41 +0200

--nextPart5927242.HfCZ6FAcc9

Hi!

I am currently traveling with a Intercity Express - mail will be sent=20
later, cause no internet access in the moment - and found a cumbersome=20
problem: There have been extreme lags during most common operations.

They have been with my custom kernels 2.6.31 and 2.6.31.3 but not with=20
stock debian kernel 2.6.30-2. After trying around some ideas I finally=20
found that it was hdapsd. My custom kernels have tp-smapi modules via m-a=20
a-i, but the debian kernel did not.

On Windows there is an option to ignore continued vibrations from such a=20
situation - we checked with a laptop from a co-worker. Is there such a=20
knob for hdapsd? I thought about

       -a --adaptive
              Adaptive threshold (automatic increase when the built-in
              keyboard/mouse are used).

but this sounds a bit differently.

Any ideas?

Unless so I will just disable hdapsd during ICE rides.

Ciao,
=2D-=20