[ltp] Enabling lower screen resolutions?

Martin Schuster (IFKL IT OS DSM CD) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:59:10 +0200

Juergen Botz wrote:
> On 10/14/2009 04:43 AM, Martin Schuster (IFKL IT OS DSM CD) wrote:
>> The problem is afaik that the EDID only specifies a handful of modes.
>> You might want to have a look at
>> http://myricci.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36
>
> Sounds like this may be the issue, although it'll be a little while before
> I'll have time to try it.  You mention NVidia in your instructions... my
> thinkpad has Intel graphics.  Is that likely to make a difference?

Don't remember, iirc the EDID info is somewhere in the BIOS, so it might
be a problem regardless of the graphic chipset.
Maybe someone else can shed some light?

> Great work on your solution, btw!

Not my solution at all, I didn't even find that link myself; Martin
Aumueller postet it to this list 2009-03-05, you might want to check
the archives.

cheers,
--
Infineon Technologies IT-Services GmbH   Martin.Schuster1@infineon.com
Lakeside B05, 9020 Klagenfurt, Austria   Martin Schuster