[ltp] Re: hdapsd during Intercity Express ride

Christoph Bier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Oct 2009 18:32:24 +0200

Martin Steigerwald schrieb am 12.10.2009 20:48:

> Hi!
>
> I am currently traveling with a Intercity Express - mail will be sent
> later, cause no internet access in the moment - and found a cumbersome
> problem: There have been extreme lags during most common operations.
>
> They have been with my custom kernels 2.6.31 and 2.6.31.3 but not with
> stock debian kernel 2.6.30-2. After trying around some ideas I finally
> found that it was hdapsd. My custom kernels have tp-smapi modules via m-a
> a-i, but the debian kernel did not.
>
> On Windows there is an option to ignore continued vibrations from such a
> situation - we checked with a laptop from a co-worker. Is there such a
> knob for hdapsd? I thought about
>
>        -a --adaptive
>               Adaptive threshold (automatic increase when the built-in
>               keyboard/mouse are used).
>
> but this sounds a bit differently.
>
> Any ideas?

No problems in car and ICE with sensitivity set to 15 (which is the
default) and using the a option (running 2.6.30-02063003-generic and
hdapsd 20090401 on Ubuntu 9.04).

HTH

[...]

Best