[ltp] [T400] Automatic 2nd Monitor setup with intel-kms and xrandr (debian sid)

Peter Jordan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 17 Oct 2009 10:32:49 +0200

Hello,

currently the situation is the following:

If I'am at work, I start my T400 with plugged 2nd Monitor. After init of
kms my intern and extern monitors are mirrored with a resolution of
1024x768. Under X I have to run the following command to get my favorite
setup:
$ xrandr --output VGA1 --auto --above LVDS1 --mode 1280x1024; xrandr
--output LVDS1 --mode 1440x900

How to setup this configuration automatical?

Is it possible to automatical enable/disable the 2nd Monitor as soon as
I plug/unplug it?

Thanks,

PJ