[ltp] What is Kernel ?

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:31:59 -0400

rappard@dds.nl wrote:
>>> It's a public mailing list that is here to help all walks of life,
>>> human or not, in that respect many have different beliefs and or
>>> customs.  So, just be a little more "open" minded, you know kind of
>>> like the mantra most of us preach........
>>
>> OK, so if I post sexist or racist messages here, I can just turn around
>> and say "be open-minded" or "be tolerant" and everything is OK? Some
>
> You're seriously equating the rather bland religious salutation that
> started this whole debate with a racist or sexist remark? Honestly,
> some perspective please....with attitudes like that, I'm surprised
> this mail thread hasn't been Godwinned yet.
In some parts of the world, expressing the wrong religious opinion can
get a person killed.  For that reason and others, I find expressions of
religious belief offensive, just as offensive as if someone started
making racist or sexist comments (both of which, BTW, are often claimed
to be supported by religious beliefs).  If someone is allowed to make
religious comments, then someone else should be allowed to make racist
or sexist comments without criticism.