[ltp] T60 crashes immediately with gcc load (emerge) or scp after more than a few kb

Dominik Stadler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 Oct 2009 10:05:02 +0100

I would start by verifying memory integrity by running some memory
checker. There are usually some included in any of the livecds. Memory
module errors can be spurious, some apps trigger it, while many others
work fine.

As you are using gentoo, you can also check your compiler settings, if
there is a higher processor enabled as what you actually have, it can
also lead to such crashes in some applications. The game is probably
not compiled by you, but downloaded in binary form and thus is likely
compiled with lower settings.

If that does not help, you should probably post the output when
gcc/scp is crashing...

Dominik