Linux Foundation discount, was: [ltp] Linux on T61 vs Linux on T400...

Tue, 27 Oct 2009 17:45:19 +0100

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 11:35:19 -0400
Theodore Tso <tytso@mit.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 02:55:00PM +0100, hollunder@gmx.at wrote:
> > I weren't as lucky.
> > I wrote to support@linuxfoundation.com, then more than a week later
> > to info@linuxfoundation.com, and now, a few days later, I haven't
> > heard back from either.
> > Also mailed to lenovo Austria on the same day I wrote to info@...
> > without answer yet, but there was a weekend and a public holiday in
> > between.
> >
> > I don't quite understand the answer they gave you, specifically what
> > 'site' they are talking about. Also major countries doesn't sound
> > promising for me.
>
> My understanding is that Lenovo needs to set up a web page to dispatch
> various different countries' Lenovo storefronts.  For better or for
> worse, probably due to local legal requirements, they apparently have
> different web sites for each country that they want to sell laptops
> directly into.  So in order for them to offer discounts, they need to
> be able to do this on a country by country, website by website basis.
>
> Guys, look, Lenovo is trying to us a favor by making their Employee
> Discount pricing available to Linux Foundation members.  If it takes
> them a while to set things up, and if various legal countries have
> various requirements that cause them to need to have specific stores
> for specific countries, please cut them a bit of slack.

Ok, I'll try.
Seems to be a bit hard for me to get a Linux Foundation member anyway,
as I don't own a credit card (like most people in Austria).

> As far as not getting an answer when you sent e-mail, the advertised
> e-mail for requesting help, is memebership@linuxfoundation.org.  (Note
> the *.org* suffix; the Linux Foundation is a non-profit entity.  :-)

Sorry, my fault, I wrote to support and info @linuxfoundation.org.
After writing to support I got an automated message about a ticket at
the issue tracker: [ticket.linuxfoundation.org #544]

> Best regards,
>
> 						- Ted

I appreciate your help Ted, I know you have more important things to do.

Best regards,
Philipp