[ltp] t42 archlinux fan noise

Arian Kuschki linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 Oct 2009 21:19:11 +0100

On Tue 27, 20:09 +0000, Robert Tomsick wrote:
> Check for stuck/busy-waiting daemons, etc.
> > You should also use hpet=force in /boot/grub/menu.lst which helps keeping the
> > CPU idle.
> > Finally, you can try to  undervolt your CPU if you do not mind a hard crash
> > every 3 months.

Thanks for the reply. Just to make sure I understand right, all these
tips are meant to lower CPU load, or not? But it appears to me that my
problem is not CPU load. I looks to me as if my CPU is rather idle and
my CPU temperature is quite low. What puzzles me is that despite of this
my fan is always around 3700.

Or did I get this wrong?