[ltp] t42 archlinux fan noise

Arian Kuschki linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:31:47 +0100

After installing laptop-tools and cpufreq and adding them to my start up
daemons my temperature when idle is down to 41 degrees and the fan is at
around 3000. I vaguely remember at least laptop-mode to be active in
Ubuntu by default, so that may explain the difference I experienced.

I will investigate the other options that were suggested, e.g. powertop,
but for now I am happy that the fan is significantly quieter.

Thanks everybody for your help
Arian