[ltp] Linux reports OK for batteries vital signs, but it doesn't work at all

Sat, 31 Oct 2009 15:21:33 +0000

Mark Stosberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently received a used X41. The battery worked fine for the first day (at a
> reduced capacity expected for it's age).  Since then, it has not worked at all.
> If unplug power from the wall, the computer is turns off instantly.

That is pretty common for old Lion batteries to fail in that way. I'd be
very surprised if this is a Linux-specific issue.

One diagnostic you can attempt is to leave the machine off overnight,
but charging. Then, unplug from wall, power on, and go into the BIOS.
See how long it lasts.

Best wishes,

Richard