[ltp] Re: long time to hibernate

Frédéric Boiteux linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 3 Sep 2009 11:01:26 +0200

Le Wed, 02 Sep 2009 11:21:03 +0200,
Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no> a écrit :

> It isn't clear to me whether you are using the kernel hibernation or
> the userspace hibernation, both which are supported by stock
> kernels.  If you haven't tried yet, then do try uswsusp before
> fiddling with patched kernels.  It will enable you to compress the
> image, which saves some time.
I already uses uswsusp, but I'm not sure about compression : it's to
compress the final image on the disk, isnt't it ? Here, the slow part
of the process is to build this image.

> And do read the pretty recent discussion at
> http://lwn.net/Articles/333007/ before starting to use tuxonice.
> tuxonice may be the right choice for some, but you need to be prepared
> to patch your kernels forever...

I'll read the article, thanks ! I know for the always patching problem,
it's why I didn't have enough time to test tuxonice yet ;-P

	Fred.