[ltp] Re: Configure dialup T61

Tim Tebbit linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 03 Sep 2009 20:57:55 -0400

Tim Tebbit wrote:
> I'm at a complete loss on where to start here. I need to send some faxes
> out and figured this would be a quick and easy process. I found a write
> up to use hylafax-server [1] Being that I've never needed to use dialup
> I don't even know where to start in linux. Debian Sid T61-7685-18U.
>
> And guidance would be appreciated.
>
> [1] http://www.aboutdebian.com/fax.htm

Steps closer..

$ setserial -a /dev/ttyS0
/dev/ttyS0, Line 0, UART: unknown, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 4
	Baud_base: 115200, close_delay: 50, divisor: 0
	closing_wait: 3000
	Flags: spd_normal skip_test

Looking in bios I have the following.

Serial
Base I/O address 3F8
Interrupt IRQ4

$ wvdialconf
Editing `/etc/wvdial.conf'.

Scanning your serial ports for a modem.

Modem Port Scan<*1>: S0   S1   S2   S3

Sorry, no modem was detected!  Is it in use by another program?
Did you configure it properly with setserial?

Still stumbling along.  Right direction at least?