[ltp] sensors-detect no result with vintage A21p

Fri, 4 Sep 2009 22:12:38 -0300

On Fri, 04 Sep 2009, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
> Running sensors-detect on my A21p it does not find any sensors. I remember
> having ran this Thinkpad with lower kernels, it showed some critical
> information in Gkrellm. Right now I am running one of the latest kernels I
> have lost this.

Make sure the thinkpad-acpi module is running.  And, of course, you must be
in ACPI mode.

> Where can I find out which sensor type is running in my modell.

As long as thinkpad-acpi is running, just run the "sensors" command.
DO NOT run sensors-detect or any other crap of the sort.  You just need
thinkpad-acpi, and libsensors will autodetect the available sensors from
thinkpad-acpi.

You must use lm-sensors v3.0.0 or newer.

  Henrique Holschuh