[ltp] Re: empty keyboard adapter holds built-in keyboard for ransom

Sat, 05 Sep 2009 19:41:21 +0800

> That cable may actually have some logic in it similar to a dock. Is it
> a USB to PS/2 Y-cable

Yes. lsusb says
ID 13ba:0017 Unknown PS/2 Keyboard+Mouse Adapter

Why do I have to unplug it, start xdm (- below), then
plug it back in, if I want all devices to work?

Why if I start xdm with it plugged in (+ below) is the adapter used
exclusively, meaning the built in keyboard, mouse etc. are ignored?
Also in this case pulling it out and plugging it back in will not change
things at this point?

-(II) config/hal: Adding input device AT Translated Set 2 keyboard
-(**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: always reports core events
-(**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Device: "/dev/input/event0"
-(II) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Found keys
-(II) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Configuring as keyboard
-(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard" (type: KEYBOARD)
+(II) config/hal: Adding input device Generic USB K/B
+(**) Generic USB K/B: always reports core events
+(**) Generic USB K/B: Device: "/dev/input/event9"
+(II) Generic USB K/B: Found 10 mouse buttons
+(II) Generic USB K/B: Found x and y relative axes
+(II) Generic USB K/B: Found scroll wheel(s)
+(II) Generic USB K/B: Found keys
+(II) Generic USB K/B: Configuring as mouse
+(II) Generic USB K/B: Configuring as keyboard
+(**) Generic USB K/B: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
+(**) Generic USB K/B: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
+(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Generic USB K/B" (type: KEYBOARD)