[ltp] Machine goes back zu sleep immediately after resume from RAM (X60s w/ Debian sid)

Martin Lorenz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 9 Sep 2009 08:16:33 +0200

On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 09:58:12AM +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> Martin Lorenz a =C3=A9crit :
>=20
> > When suspent to RAM by Fn+F4 it correctly wakes up as soon as I open th=
e LID
> > but immediately goes back to sleep after shortly showing the unlock-scr=
een
> > of gnome-screensaver.
>=20
> That means two different tool try to put the laptop to sleep. One is
> obviously gnome-power-manager, you have to search for the other. I know
> some friend of mine had the same problem, so it might be related to a
> recent GNOME update. I don't see that on my Xfce (debian sid) desktop so
>   I don't think it's a general distribution issue.

maybe I am dumb but I am not able to find out which other tool is issuing a
sleep event...
Can someone set me on track on how to find the tool to blame for that?

unfortunately it dosen't occur everytime but rather unpredictably.

thank you=20

>=20
> Cheers,
> --=20
> Yves-Alexis
>=20
>=20
> --=20

gruss
  mlo
--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Lorenz

            They that can give up essential liberty=20
	    to obtain a little temporary safety=20
	    deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                   Benjamin Franklin

join me at Xing: