[ltp] Machine goes back zu sleep immediately after resume from RAM (X60s w/ Debian sid)

Lee Stewart linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 09 Sep 2009 11:03:07 -0600

--------------050004080000070608000301

Just in case this helps...   I have a similar problem on my work laptop
running Windoze...   After a lot of poking and proding it seems that the
DVD drive doesn't always seat solidly.  So if I move the laptop around
or squeeze by the DVD player, when it wakes next time it thinks I've
removed or replugged the DVD player and goes right back to sleep
again.   If I press Fn after it's asleep again, it wakes and stays awake

True mine is running Windoze, but perhaps yours might be a hardware
issue too...   Just a thought...

Lee

Martin Lorenz authored this:
> On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 09:58:12AM +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
>
>> Martin Lorenz a écrit :
>>

>>> When suspent to RAM by Fn+F4 it correctly wakes up as soon as I open the LID
>>> but immediately goes back to sleep after shortly showing the unlock-screen
>>> of gnome-screensaver.
>>>
>> That means two different tool try to put the laptop to sleep. One is
>> obviously gnome-power-manager, you have to search for the other. I know
>> some friend of mine had the same problem, so it might be related to a
>> recent GNOME update. I don't see that on my Xfce (debian sid) desktop so
>>   I don't think it's a general distribution issue.
>>

> maybe I am dumb but I am not able to find out which other tool is issuing a
> sleep event...
> Can someone set me on track on how to find the tool to blame for that?
>
> unfortunately it dosen't occur everytime but rather unpredictably.
>
> thank you
>

>> Cheers,
>> --
>> Yves-Alexis
>>

>> --
>>

> gruss
>   mlo
> --
> Dipl.-Ing. Martin Lorenz
>
>             They that can give up essential liberty
> 	    to obtain a little temporary safety
> 	    deserve neither liberty nor safety.
>                                    Benjamin Franklin
>
> join me at Xing:
> 	http://www.xing.com/go/invite/3385155.fddc77
>
> please encrypt your mail to me
> GnuPG key-ID: F1AAD37D
> get it here:
> http://blackhole.pca.dfn.de:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF1AAD37D
>
> ICQ UIN: 33588107

*Lee Stewart*

--------------050004080000070608000301

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Just in case this helps...   I have a similar problem on my work laptop
running Windoze...   After a lot of poking and proding it seems that
the DVD drive doesn't always seat solidly.  So if I move the laptop
around or squeeze by the DVD player, when it wakes next time it thinks
I've removed or replugged the DVD player and goes right back to sleep
again.   If I press Fn after it's asleep again, it wakes and stays awake<br>
True mine is running Windoze, but perhaps yours might be a hardware
issue too...   Just a thought...<br>
Lee<br>
Martin Lorenz authored this:
      <pre wrap="">When suspent to RAM by Fn+F4 it correctly wakes up as soon as I open the LID
but immediately goes back to sleep after shortly showing the unlock-screen
of gnome-screensaver.
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">That means two different tool try to put the laptop to sleep. One is
obviously gnome-power-manager, you have to search for the other. I know
some friend of mine had the same problem, so it might be related to a
recent GNOME update. I don't see that on my Xfce (debian sid) desktop so
  I don't think it's a general distribution issue.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
maybe I am dumb but I am not able to find out which other tool is issuing a
sleep event...
Can someone set me on track on how to find the tool to blame for that?

unfortunately it dosen't occur everytime but rather unpredictably.

thank you

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Cheers,
--