[ltp] Still having problem with thinkpad-acpi's BEEP and kernel > 2.6.30

Sat, 12 Sep 2009 15:04:41 -0300

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009, Kevin Locke wrote:
> I can confirm this behavior.  I did some bisecting last weekend to
> investigate why I lost the beep on my TP (before I noticed the new
> beep mixer control... doh!) and tracked it down to the patches around
> Feb. 6, particularly c5a4bcd0.  My guess is that the new handling of
> beeps ("digital" instead of "analog" to use the patch terminology)
> caused the (presumably "analog") beeps generated by the ACPI methods
> to not generate any sound output.

Thanks!  Can someone that is affected by this bug please report it to the
ALSA people.  Hiding the "analog beeps" in a thinkpad silences firmware
warnings, and that's NOT a good idea.

  Henrique Holschuh