[ltp] Still having problem with thinkpad-acpi's BEEP and kernel > 2.6.30

Kevin Locke linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 12 Sep 2009 20:43:00 -0600

On Sat, 2009-09-12 at 15:04 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Sep 2009, Kevin Locke wrote:
>> I can confirm this behavior.  I did some bisecting last weekend
>> [...] and tracked it down to the patches around
>> Feb. 6, particularly c5a4bcd0. [...]
>
> Thanks!  Can someone that is affected by this bug please report it to the
> ALSA people.  Hiding the "analog beeps" in a thinkpad silences firmware
> warnings, and that's NOT a good idea.

Done.  It is now reported as ALSA Issue 4725 and is viewable on their
bug tracker.[1]  I'll follow up with any progress on it.

1.  https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=4725

Cheers,
Kevin