[ltp] T61 stuck at half brightness if booted on battery power

Sun, 13 Sep 2009 16:18:01 +0300

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 07:33:07AM +0200, Ralph Spitzner wrote:
> linux-thinkpad-request@linux-thinkpad.org wrote:
>> [ltp] T61 stuck at half brightness if booted on battery power
>
> Have you tried using the fn+home key combo ?

Yes.

> This should completely ignore what operating system you run, or what
> boot stage you're in as long as your BIOS settings are correct.

It does not ignore the OS these days; it's captured by a kernel driver,
converted into a key event, grabbed by gnome-power-manager, which
adjusts the backlight using I've no idea what (dbus and hal? xrandr?) and
shows a pretty pretty brightness bar on screen.

Sometimes.  At this moment Fn+Home/Fn+End do nothing at all on my
laptop, but I remember them working a week ago and not working two weeks
ago.  I'm clueless, but it's not a problem I feel a need to investigate
right now.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
If you want to trick a pointy-haired boss into letting you write software in
Lisp, you could try telling him it's XML.
                -- http://www.paulgraham.com/icad.html

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW--