[ltp] How to handle Fn-F5 and other special keys with latest kernels ?

Jochen Schulz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:43:40 +0200

--Z1gw0Ba8VHj8Ap4r

Fr=E9d=E9ric Boiteux:
>=20
>   I've tried a 2.6.30 kernel on my X31 / Debian Lenny system, and found
> that some function keys aren't working anymore.=20
> [...]
>    What tool(s) are you using for that ?=A0How do you intercept / handle
> such special keys ?

I am interested in a solution as well. With (IIRC) pre-2.6.31 kernels,
Fn-F5 toggled bluetooth only, but now it switches off Bluetooth and wifi
at the same time. I would love to have Bluetooth off by default and the
ability to switch it on by pressing Fn-F5. IIRC that worked two or three
kernel versions ago.

I am running Debian unstable on an X200.

J.
--=20
I wish I had been aware enough to enjoy my time as a toddler.
[Agree]   [Disagree]

--Z1gw0Ba8VHj8Ap4r

--Z1gw0Ba8VHj8Ap4r--