[ltp] How to handle Fn-F5 and other special keys with latest kernels ?

Jochen Schulz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Sep 2009 20:16:20 +0200

--jwSnfOBD38i7UC9C

Yves-Alexis Perez:
> Jochen Schulz a =E9crit :
>>=20
>> I am interested in a solution as well. With (IIRC) pre-2.6.31 kernels,
>> Fn-F5 toggled bluetooth only, but now it switches off Bluetooth and wifi
>> at the same time. I would love to have Bluetooth off by default and the
>> ability to switch it on by pressing Fn-F5. IIRC that worked two or three
>> kernel versions ago.
>=20
> I use:
>=20
> corsac@hidalgo: cat /etc/hal/fdi/policy/thinkpad-acpi.fdi
> <match key=3D"info.product" string=3D"ThinkPad Extra Buttons">
>   <append key=3D"input.keymap.data" type=3D"strlist">0x04:bluetooth</appe=
nd>
> <!-- Fn+F5 bluetooth -->
>   <append key=3D"input.keymap.data" type=3D"strlist">0x05:wlan</append> <=
!--
> Fn+F6 wifi -->
> </match>

That appears to work (Fn-F5 toggles bluetooth only) on 2.6.31 as well,
thanks.=20

But can you elaborate a little bit more about how this works?  You
already wrote HAL generates events that the kernel interprets. But what
do these lines tell the kernel exactly? Is it just the ":bluetooth"
part? I am simply missing the "action" part, as it had to be defined
previously with acpid.

J.
--=20
In an ideal world I would cure poverty and go to the gym at least three
days a week.
[Agree]   [Disagree]

--jwSnfOBD38i7UC9C

--jwSnfOBD38i7UC9C--