[ltp] 3g amd64 Ubuntu 9.04

jennifer richards linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Sep 2009 00:41:19 +0000 (GMT)

--0-654791389-1252975279=:8672

Having recently installed Ubuntu Jaunty I have run into a small problem (I =
apologise if I've missed this thread but I did search) and I am having prob=
lems with my 3g using the Sierra Wireless usb modem.

My system is is a T61p 6457-BQG

The modem works fine with the i386 version but with the amd64 version the m=
odem connects to the provider but I cannot browse the web. This isn't an is=
sue with the modem as i can boot to the i386 version and it works fine but =
I reboot into amd64 and it doesn't. I'm not sure if this is because the DNS=
 won't resolve (but they seem to be completed automatically) or something e=
lse and wondered if you know a solution or what info I should provide to fi=
nd one.=20

On a related note the 3g disconnects randomly on 8.10 and 9.04 i386 and I w=
ondered it this was a hardware fault?

Thanks

Jenny

=0A=0A=0A
--0-654791389-1252975279=:8672

top" style=3D"font: inherit;">Having recently installed Ubuntu Jaunty I hav=
e run into a small problem (I apologise if I've missed this thread but I di=
d search) and I am having problems with my 3g using the Sierra Wireless usb=
with the i386 version but with the amd64 version the modem connects to the =
provider but I cannot browse the web. This isn't an issue with the modem as=
 i can boot to the i386 version and it works fine but I reboot into amd64 a=
nd it doesn't. I'm not sure if this is because the DNS won't resolve (but t=
hey seem to be completed automatically) or something else and wondered if y=
ou know a solution or what info I should provide to find one. <br><br>On a =
related note the 3g disconnects randomly on 8.10 and 9.04 i386 and I wonder=
ed it this was a hardware
=0A
--0-654791389-1252975279=:8672--