[ltp] Apparent SATA controller on my T43

Konstantin Filtschew linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 20 Sep 2009 16:25:23 +0200

--=-6MU2zj344OHl3yBykcJ6

Hello,

try to remove the HD and take a look at it.

As said on thinkwiki: http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:T43
there is a s-ata controller, but the hard drives should be P-ATA through
a converter.

It's the safest way to check this. The T-Modells aren't restricted by
special modells. I used several different HDs on severl T-Thinkpads
without any problems.

Greetz

Konstantin

On Sun, 2009-09-20 at 14:13 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I was surprised to find the other day that apparently
> I have a SATA controller on my Thinkpad T43 model 2668-8AG.
>=20
> According to lspci (under Linux):
> 00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801FBM (ICH6M)=20
> 	SATA Controller (rev 03)
>=20
> Could I really put a SATA drive in this machine?
> If so, would the usual restriction apply?
> (I mean, the annoying but not disabling message
> that tells me the drive in use is not on the approved list.)
>=20
> I have 3 T43's (or 4, if one dead one is included),
> and this is the first one that says it has a SATA controller.
>=20
>=20
--=20
Building an operation system without source code,
is like buying a self assemble space shuttle
without instructions.

--=-6MU2zj344OHl3yBykcJ6

--=-6MU2zj344OHl3yBykcJ6--