[ltp] Interference of wlan usage and hdaps?

Tue, 22 Sep 2009 15:55:57 -0300

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009, Elias Oltmanns wrote:
> The rather annoying result of it all is that hdapsd frequently parks the
> disk heads, sometimes preventing all I/O for tens of seconds without
> interruption. Clearly, this strange behaviour only occurs once I have
> connected to my wlan and goes on persistently afterwards, irrespective
> of the current state of the wlan interface.

Is it a function of the interrupt handling of the kernel driver (i.e. normal
behaviour is restored if you rmmod the kernel driver for the wlan card), or
of the hardware itself?

> actual culprit and to point the finger. Unfortunately, the problem
> turned out to be inherently linked with the design of the atheros driver
> (or parts of it) and nontrivial to solve. Now, I'm lead to believe that

Can you give me any hints about what the problem was with the Atheros card?

> Apparently, this issue has not come up so far, which rather surprises
> me. Perhaps there aren't that many hdaps users after all, or they aren't
> heavy wlan usres. But then, it is perfectly possible that I have missed
> something as I'm following developments and discussions rather
> sluggishly these days due to time constraints.

Well, I have never seen anything like it in my T43 with an IPW2950 wlan
card.

  Henrique Holschuh