[ltp] Re: Interference of wlan usage and hdaps?

Tue, 22 Sep 2009 19:15:08 -0300

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009, Elias Oltmanns wrote:
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br> wrote:
> Excessive spinning in sw interrupt context has a rather severe impact on
> other timers running at the time. If they have fired shortly after the
> atheros tasklet has started, the interrupt handler is delayed
> considerably. Apart from everything else, this really messes up hdapsd's
> book keeping, thus making it believe that a minor change in the accel
> data has occurred in a particularly short time frame. For all hdapsd
> knows, this indicates an emergency condition and it parks the heads
> accordingly.

That just means hdapsd has a severe design issue.  It should use timestamped
events, and it should look at the timestamps to get the time component,
instead of assuming it is being fed an isosynchronous stream...   It should
also do something sensible if it notices it is processing old data :p

AFAIK the input layer does timestamp events at the time they are issued by
the kernel.  If it doesn't, we need to move to something that does :-)

  Henrique Holschuh