[ltp] QUESTION: HAL support for some T42 keys?

Wed, 23 Sep 2009 00:28:51 -0300

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> What functionality are you looking for?  Broken volume response?  Reduced
> lifetime on your LCD inverter and bad backlight control behaviour?

Hmm, sorry about the tone.  But it is a very sore point with me, that
distros screwed this up and broke volume and backlight control for thousands
of users, then added hack on top of hack to work around the breakage,
breaking it for a different set of users.

Do whatever you want to your system, there _are_ use cases when it makes
sense to mess with those keys.  But they're not common, and I am yet to see
anyone use them in a non-broken way.

  Henrique Holschuh