[ltp] Fluid spill on T40's keyboard

Kiko Piris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 30 Sep 2009 16:45:02 +0200

On 30/09/2009 at 05:43 -0700, john geszler wrote:

> I spilled fluid onto my T40 -Type 2373's keyboard, and it now does not
> power-on. I was able to wipe it off quickly and pulled it; it appears
> that no fluid went through; does it need to be replaced? TIA

A couple of months ago I spilled cofee with milk on my T60 (the lid was
closed, but some of it went inside).

I pulled off a/c adapter and battery as quick as I could. I opened it to
check how much of it got inside and to dry it a little bit.

I plugged it a moment to check if it still worked and it was “dead”.

It was in the morning, so I left it and went to the office quite pissed
off.

When I got home in the evening, I plugged it again to re-check it’s
death; and it was alive and kicking! (I guess it dried completely
through the day).

These T series are quite robust…

--
Kiko