[ltp] Thinking of leaving Thinkpads

Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 2 Apr 2010 10:35:23 +0200

--hQiwHBbRI9kgIhsi

Jesse Sheidlower:

> I just installed Ubuntu 9.10 and then 10.04 beta on an x301 and
> a W500 with no problems at all, everything worked out of the box.

What=E2=80=99s the state of graphics performance on the X301?

I=E2=80=99m sticking to Ubuntu 9.04 on my X301, because both 9.10 and
10.04 use newer Intel video drivers (without support for some
crucial three-letter acronym) and the 3D performance is definitely
worse (framerate in glxgears is almost exactly halved, for example).

=E2=80=94 Shot
--=20
Is your keyboard jammed, or are you just writing Haskell?
                                             [Avdi Grimm]

--hQiwHBbRI9kgIhsi

--hQiwHBbRI9kgIhsi--