[ltp] OT - Linux Thinkcentre...

zed linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 3 Aug 2010 08:34:39 +1200

Pierre Fortin <pfortin@pfortin.com> wrote:

> > Deciphering the result of the dmesg command, which is given below, is
> > beyond my level of competence, so I seek your assistance to point out
> > any errors which could lead to a slow boot time.  As a matter of
> > interest, the machine is a 2.53GHz, not a 1.7 GHz as I reported.
> >

> Have you tried booting without the Hitachi and USB drive(s) connected..?
> Not sure the WD boot disk is good either...
>
> You may be dealing with multiple HD problems which are always more
> difficult to diagnose.  I'd suggest trying a single new HD only to see if
> there are other h/w issues.
[snip]

Thanks dor the suggestins and your exhaustive analysis of dmesg.  As I said
in an earlier post, the lady in question ives some way away from me but as
soon as I visit again, I'll go through all the suggestions in the hope that
I can eventually get her a reasonable boot time!

Zed
--
zed

...they stood on their hind legs and barked at the scenery.