[ltp] Weird CPU fan problem on T400, any help appreciated.

Mark Altern linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 16 Aug 2010 16:56:28 -0500

by the way: I have two exactly same T400, this one has this problem
while the other is not.
And I tried powertop, and I don't see anything useful when comparing
its outputs from the two T400. But finally, I seem to solve this
problem by the following method:

turn off the computer, unplug it and remove the battery. Wait a few
minute and push power butter a few times to make sure there is no
power at all.

Them assemble the battery and power cord, and turn on the Wired Fan
problem is gone.