[ltp] Weird CPU fan problem on T400, any help appreciated.

Mark Altern linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 17 Aug 2010 20:15:50 -0500

Holy Crap, the problems come back again, and now I have a sure way to
replicate it. I thought I fixed it, and the CPU fan has been responded
well w.r.t flash playing, meaning speed up and down according CPU
temp, but NOT well with respect to HD video! Here is how to replicate
the problem:

Open a 1080 HD video with Totem in Ubuntu (Lucid), after playing it
for a while you find the fan stuck at around 2832rmp, and will NOT
slow down even if you close everything and wait to see the CPU temp
drop to 35C!

Then after this, the fan will also NOT responded well w.r.t Flash again!!

Guys, can you try the method and tell me the same problems happen to
you or not?
Thanks a lot.