[ltp] IBM Thinkpad T41 type 2373-7fu; recommendations for auction purchase and *nix type

cr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:33:16 +1200

Personally, I'd try Damn Small Linux for test purposes.   It used to use
(probably still does) the Knoppix loader to autoconfigure it.     It's quick
to load, which may be an advantage if you have a lot of machines to try.
I'm not sure Knoppix would boot any faster than Ubuntu, being a fairly
heavyweight system.

My R40 Thinkpad (which is probably similar in specs) runs Debian 5.0 quite
happily.   (Dual boot with its original WinXP, using Grub, as it happens).
I don't know about any built-in WIFI, I use a PCMCIA card with the Atheros
chipset and that works fine.

cr