[ltp] IBM Thinkpad T41 type 2373-7fu; recommendations for auction purchase and *nix type

Jason Brooks linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 30 Aug 2010 14:18:13 -0700

The current version of ubuntu (lts 10.04) runs pretty fast on my t30.
It has the radeon 7500m on it with 16mb of video ram. The radeon is a
hot running chip for sure. I put a heat sink on it with thermal
cement.  I personally would not buy a t40 series because of the
thermal issues it had. The password issue can be a problem if you do
not have experience with smd soldering and embedded devices. The chip
that stores this information is small. So small that you will likely
destroy the main board removing or reworking.

Just my 2 cents
Jay