[ltp] Can't change boot order on an X31 to boot from USB

John Magolske linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 9 Dec 2010 18:41:06 -0800

* Jason Brooks <jaybrooks76@gmail.com> [101209 08:48]:
> turn on legacy usb in the bios to boot from usb devices

I did set:

  USB BIOS Support [Enabled]

But the problem persists -- USB HDD remains parked in the
"Excluded from boot order" zone. Pressing x to toggle it
out of the Excluded zone or F6 to move it up just results
in a beeping sound. I also confirmed these settings:

  Supervisor Password [Disabled]
  Lock BIOS Settings [Disabled]

So the behavior is not locked in by password... Any ideas
as to why USB HDD remains stuck in the Excluded zone?

I notice that when a USB Flash drive is plugged in there
is a "+USB HDD" but when there's no USB drive plugged in
there is "-USB HDD". The other thing that's stuck in the
Excluded zone is "IDE HDD2"

John

--
John Magolske