[ltp] Changing display of X61 to one with higher res possible?

Jan Girlich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 16 Feb 2010 01:11:43 +0100

Hi folks,

I got a X61 (7676-A14 bought in Singapore, but I live in Germany) with a
1024x768 resolution and just broke my screen. So now I'm researching
into repairing because my international guarantee doesn't cover Europe
as I just found out.

Anyway, I found the replacement part numbers in the Maintenance Manual
but I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to replace the
screen with another one which has a higher resolution like 1400x1050
like some other X61's have.

The Maintenance Manual says those part numbers work for my model, but
they're all just XGA:
13N7094
13N7096
42T0343
42T0435

So if anyone knows if these are compatible to some higher resolution
screens I would appreciate it!
Jan Girlich