[ltp] Re: [ibm-acpi-devel] thinkpad-acpi release 0.24-20100220 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

Jerone Young linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 21 Feb 2010 16:43:06 -0600

On Sun, 2010-02-21 at 15:47 -0600, Jerone Young wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-02-21 at 12:27 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > I have released version 0.24-20100220 of thinkpad-acpi through the
> > sourceforge.net release system.
> >
> > Patches are available for 2.6.27 to 2.6.32, at:
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/ibm-acpi/files/thinkpad-acpi/0.24-20100220/
> >
> > (support for 2.6.28 to 2.6.31 will be discontinued soon).
> >
> > git users can get it directly from tags in:
> > git://repo.or.cz/linux-2.6/linux-acpi-2.6/ibm-acpi-2.6.git
> >
> > This release has some bug fixes, the most important ones being to ALSA
> > and the ALSA mixer support, and to the NVRAM polling code.
> >
> > I have pending reports that the ALSA mixer does not always play well
> > with the newer ThinkPads with mute-only control.  This is not a new
> > regression, whatever the bug is, it has been there for a long time but
> > people never paid attention until it become easy to use through ALSA.
> > I'd appreciate some volunteers to do some testing on the Lenovo *61,
> > *400, *500 and newer ThinkPads.
>
> Just tired it out on my Thinkpad X301 and it does work. When using the
> proc interface if I echo mute .. it mutes the speakers .. and I see the
> orange light come on. When unmute orange light goes out and it unmutes
> the speakers.

To add more .. did some experimenting. I found something interesting. So
if acpi_osi=Linux is passed on the kernel command line (this is done in
the kernel for T61 & T400 & T500) .. but when I do this. The proc
interface doesn't actually work anymore. It will light up the mute
button light though on my X301 & turn it off. But no effect to the
volume.