[ltp] Page left/right buttons

Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:12:23 +0000

Dear All,

Is there a simple way to make the page left/right buttons (part of the
Arrow keys) do absolutely nothing?

They map to back/forward in Firefox, which is a great way to lose data
when one is trying to scroll up and down.

xev tells me they are
   XF86Back and  XF86Forward
so perhaps the best thing is to just xmodmap them into oblivion?

FWIW, I have a similar problem on the Ultranav USB keyboard; but on this
one, the key actually emits a two-key combination: "Alt + Left-Arrow"
or "Alt + Right Arrow".  This is therefore not distinct from the real
"Alt" + "X_Arrow", so I believe it can't be remapped.
I just removed the keycap and physically destroy the switch.

But I'm reluctant to do this to a laptop.

Richard