[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release 0.23-20091227 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

Frédéric Boiteux linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 4 Jan 2010 12:50:59 +0100

Le Sun, 27 Dec 2009 17:56:37 -0200,
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br> a écrit :

> I have released version 0.23-20091227 of thinkpad-acpi through the
> sourceforge.net release system.
>
> Patches are available for 2.6.27 to 2.6.32, at:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/ibm-acpi/files/thinkpad-acpi/0.23-200912=
27/

> (support for 2.6.28, 2.6.29 and 2.6.30 will be discontinued soon).
>
> git users can get it directly from tags in:
> git://repo.or.cz/linux-2.6/linux-acpi-2.6/ibm-acpi-2.6.git
>
> This release has some bug fixes, and something very important: ALSA
> support.  The ALSA interface will be the main volume monitor and
> control interface for the driver from now on.
>
> Note that by default the ALSA interface is read-only (you're supposed
> to mess with the mixer using the hotkeys, not software).  It can be
> made read-write though a kernel paramenter, much like fan-control
> works.
>
> Please test, and report.  I don't know how well it works on the newer
> ThinkPads that have switched to mute-only control in firmware.

	Hello,

  I've tested it with a 2.6.32 Linux kernel on a Thinkpad X31, and it
works well : I have a new ALSA "card" (strangely numbered 5, whereas
the ICH4 card has index 0 and ICH4 modem has index 1), and looking at
the level with alsamixer when playing with sound keys gave me a
correct feedback…

	Fred.