[ltp] trackpoint middle click scrolling went away

Arian Kuschki linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 5 Jan 2010 23:49:14 +0000

I have my middle button scrolling on my t61 by using these option lines
in xorg.conf file where InputDevice section describes mouse:

Section "InputDevice"
    # generated from default
    Identifier     "Mouse0"
    Driver         "mouse"
    Option         "Protocol" "auto"
    Option         "Device" "/dev/psaux"

    # trackpoint scrolling
    Option         "EmulateWheel" "yes"
    Option         "EmulateWheelButton" "2"
    Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"

    Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

EndSection

Thanks, I am travelling at the moment but will try and report back as
soon as I can. In general I suspect this way of doing it is going to
be deprecated (with udev and/ devicekit configuration replacing these
lines in xorg.conf), or is that wrong?