[ltp] trackpoint middle click scrolling went away

Arian Kuschki linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:28:22 +0100

On Wed 13, 11:01 +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> I already added a warning in the thinkwiki page, I'm gonna do the same
> here. This is not really a method which will last. It'll break (again)
> in the future, I don't know when and I don't know how/if we'll be able
> to do the same kind of the stuff.
>
> The durable way to do that is to use xinput (or, I guess the gnome
> frontents). So put a call to xinput to .xsessionrc should be working (in
>  Debian at least, I don't know about other distro support for
>  .xsessionrc, but you see the point).
>
> I personnaly don't like that (because imho scrolling is not a user setup
> but a machine setup) but it might be the only valid way at some point.

the udev rule way doesn't even work for me on my T42. I regained
scrolling by changing my hal policy file to read like this in the first
line:
<match key="info.product" string="PS/2 Generic Mouse">
instead of this:
<match key="info.product" string="TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint">
(thanks to a hint in the ThinkWiki).