[ltp] lenovo sl laptop hdmi output in hdtv using Ubuntu

rocku linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:11:31 +0100

Jose Vizcaino pisze:
> Hi,
>
> I own a lenovo sl400 laptop using ubuntu 8.10 and i want to connect it to a panasonic 42 hdtv through hdmi port at 1920x1080, the problem is that i can see only a portion of gnome desktop. I try to change everything: System->Administrator->Display Resolution, xrandr and nothing. With Windows XP work  fine.
> Any help will welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> José

Upgrade Ubuntu, under 9.04+ works fine. With 9.10 I got audio through
hdmi working also. I assume that you have nVidia graphics, if so, then
upgrading the nvidia driver manually should do the trick too (for hdmi
audio - also upgrade alsa).

--
Pozdrawiam,
rocku