[ltp] X200 BIOS 3.x high-pitched noise quirk

Adam Sloboda linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:56:44 +0100

Hi,

I updated BIOS in April and didn't get to update it since then.  To my
great surprise 3.x versions introduced (or amplified) high-pitched
noise coming somewhere from upper right part of keyboard.  It is
always present and only Vista is able to turn it off after boot.

I tried to unload USB modules, toggled fingerprint reader in BIOS but
no luck.

BIOS 2.06 is ok but 3.07, 3.08, 3.10 and the latest 3.11 are the same.
Is there a way how to report this?  It's really noticeable in quiet
room and only after one evening I had enough.

Regards,
Adam